A chaffle is a waffle made with eggs and cheese – popular in the low carb and keto communities! Here’s how to make a basic low carb chaffle. myWW SmartPoints included.
Have you heard of FOMO? Fear of missing out? Well, I had FOMO big time over Chaffles.
A chaffle is cheese mixed with egg made in the cutest little waffle iron you ever did see.
I see a lot of people making these Keto Chaffles and I’m all…hey…I like cheese…and waffles…can I make this work on WW?
So finally after going back and forth, I bought the cutest little waffle iron I ever did see and tried to make chaffles.
And oh man oh man why didn’t I do this sooner!
Whether you’re on WW or doing a keto or low carb diet, eggs probably play a big role in your diet plan. And if you’re like me, those eggs can get boring pretty quickly.
Enter the chaffle. Enter making a more delicious way to eat eggs. It doesn’t even taste like an egg SO MUCH that you can add sugar free syrup and feel like you didn’t eat boring ol’ eggs. They’re THAT good.
Want to sign up for WW? Sign up using my referral link HERE.
How To Make Low Carb Chaffles
Low carb chaffles are just two simple ingredients that you most likely have:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheddar (you can use any shredded cheese, use reduced fat or fat free for WW Friendly Chaffle!)
Your equipment? THIS waffle iron. I’ve had this for just a couple weeks and I can’t stop using it. The waffle iron makes waffles the same size as a store bought frozen waffle and is only about $10. My son has been asking for little waffles for the past week. We just love our tiny waffle maker.
Directions for Chaffles:
- Warm your waffle iron.
- Mix egg thoroughly.
- Add cheese of choice and mix together.
- Scoop HALF the mixture into the waffle iron and cook for 4-5 minutes. If waffle isn’t crispy give it a chance to cool off!
- Scoop remaining mixture in waffle iron to cook for 4-5 minutes.
Seriously. HALF the mixture. My first one ended up all over the counter. Woopsie.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: LIGHT BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
Are Chaffles Weight Watchers Friendly?
They can absolutely be! Use a lower fat or fat free cheese to save on SmartPoints.
If you used Kraft Natural fat free shredded cheddar, two Chaffles would be just 1SP. That’s math I like. For the green plan, two chaffles are 3SP. On the purple and blue plans, each Chaffle is 4 SmartPoints using reduced fat cheddar. Fat Free Cheese is definitely the way to go for a WW Friendly Chaffle!
Do I Have to Use Cheddar for a Chaffle?
No! You can use any kind of shredded cheese. Think about a mozzarella chaffle with pizza sauce and pepperoni…oh man. That’s going to be GOOD.
Do NOT Use Cooking Spray on Non-Stick Surfaces
I keep seeing recipes that tell you to SPRAY your non-stick surface with a cooking spray. Stop! No seriously, it DESTROYS the non-stick surface. You can read more about it HERE.
Low Carb Chaffle
- Mini Waffle Maker
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar use reduced fat or fat free to make WW Friendly
- Warm waffle iron according to directions.
- Mix egg and cheddar together thoroughly.
- Spoon half of the egg and cheddar mixture into the warm waffle iron. Cook for 5 mins.
- Once chaffle is crispy on the outside, remove. Add second half of the mixture and cook for 5 mins.
- Serve with sugar free syrup or use as a bun for a low carb sandwich!