A rainy day shouldn’t stop the fun in any household. Here are 30 indoor activities with a toddler when getting outside is hard!
It’s raining. The weather is miserable. You need to wait for the cable man. It’s time to find some indoor activities with a toddler before you all lose your mind.
Let’s be honest. The thought of being cooped up indoors with no place to escape to is hard. Coming up with a bunch of ideas to fill an entire day can be a monumental task.
Toddlers are hard, man.
If I don’t have some kind of plan, the wheels can fall off the train before noon. And no one wants that.
I’ve been there. With winter coming up, it’s really important that I get together a list of indoor activities with a toddler before a big snow storm hits and we’re stuck.
30 Indoor Activities With A Toddler
- Dance Party
- Read A New Book
- Watch A New Movie
- Make An Obstacle Course
- Make Music With Pots, Pans, and Spoons
- Simon Says
- Build Towers With Blocks
- Flip Through Photo Albums
- Write A Story Together
- Create Art With Magazines
- Dress Up
- Bubble Bath
- Blow Bubbles In The Bath
- Write A Letter To Grandparents
- Make Silly Faces Using A Mirror
- Make A Blanket Tent/Pillow Fort
- Play With Puzzles
- Make Paper Bag Puppets
- Play Hide & Seek
- Fill The Tub With Water And Go Fishing
- Bake Cookies
- Animal Walks (Walk Like A Bear, Walk Like A Duck…)
- Ring Toss
- Color Sorting Blocks
- Build An Indoor Jungle Gym With Pillows
- Play Cards – Sort by shape, color, and use for counting.
- Create Art With Cereal
- Give Your Toys A Bath
- Build A Raceway For Cars
When you’re stuck inside, it’s important for everyone (yes, even you Mom) to keep things fun. Cabin fever is real and you can avoid that feeling of being cooped up with some entertaining and new indoor activities with your family.
What activities with your toddler do you do when you are stuck indoors?
You may also like: