This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Healthy Mississippi Roast is one of my FAVORITE Crock Pot recipes! I made this Weight Watchers friendly and included SmartPoints on all myWW plans. All flavor and very little work! Suitable for low carb and gluten free diets.
Healthy Mississippi Roast is LEGIT one of the best things you’ll ever make in a Crock Pot. Yep. I am putting it on a pedestal, giving it a medal and asking you all to bow down to its deliciousness.
This Mississippi Roast is made in the slow cooker. And it’s super easy to do – just dump and go about your day.
Because I remove butter in my recipe, it’s healthier without sacrificing on flavor. It’s that good. I also never use the Au Jus packets. Never have. Never will. This recipe develops enough flavor without the use of a packet.
Some other recipes only call for just a handful of peppers. Um, what? No. Use the whole jar. Slice up the peppers and add those plus the remaining pepperoncini liquid. Trust me.
What Ingredients Do You Need for Healthy Mississippi Pot Roast?
This recipe is a dump and go and only has only a handful of ingredients that you may even have in your pantry.
- Chuck Roast (approx. 3-4lbs)
- Ranch Seasoning Packet
- Beef Broth – I like to use Better Than Bouillon to create my broth!
- 15 oz Jar of Pepperoncinis, sliced, liquid included.
- Onion Powder, optional
- Minced Garlic, optional
That’s it. And if you don’t have onion power or minced garlic you don’t even have to add that. Four simple ingredients to make the most delicious pot roast you’ll ever have. Without the butter. Without the guilt. The chuck roast is fatty enough!
What to Serve with Healthy Mississippi Roast?
Here are some healthy side options for your Healthy Mississippi Roast:
- Broccoli, mashed or steamed.
- Cauliflower, mashed or steamed.
- Carrots, mashed or steamed.
Mashed potatoes, egg noodles or rice to help soak up all that delicious juice made from the Mississippi Pot Roast are also great options!
For my mashed potatoes I used for this meal, I used 1/4c skim milk and 1/4c low fat sour cream plus salt and pepper to taste.
How Many SmartPoints is Healthy Mississippi Roast?
This recipe is low carb and perfectly suitable for any myWW plan!
Here are the SmartPoints for each plan, serving size = 3/4 cup.
- PURPLE – 7 SmartPoints
- BLUE – 7 SmartPoints
- GREEN – 7 SmartPoints
Crock Pot Healthy Mississippi Roast Step by Step [With Photos + Video]
1. Place your 3-4lb Chuck Roast in the Slow Cooker.
2. Start adding the Ranch packet mix, beef broth, sliced pepperoncini peppers, pepperoncini juice, onion powder, and minced garlic.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
Tips for Mississippi Roast
- DO NOT ADD ANY ADDITIONAL LIQUID. I promise you this recipe will make enough on its own. Just add the ingredients listed and let the Crock Pot do its magic!
- Avoid uncovering at any point during the cooking process. No need to open and stir. Just let the meat cook and break down for 8 hours. I know it’s hard to keep that lid on but trust me!
- You can use Au Jus Gravy mix instead of beef broth. But like I said previously, the beef broth is a healthier (less chemicals) option!!!!
Healthy Mississippi Roast in Crock Pot
- Crock Pot
- Knife and Cutting Board
- 3 lbs Chuck Roast
- 1/2 cup Beef Broth I use Better Than Bouillon to make my broths!
- 15 oz Jarred Pepperoncinis sliced
- 1 packet Ranch Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder optional
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic optional, can also use garlic powder
- Place chuck roast in the crock pot first.
- Add all ingredients on top of roast. Cover and cook for 8 hours on LOW.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: