Fall is just around the corner. Once August hits, I start looking forward to crafting, apples, leaves on the ground, and cooler weather.
I really like choosing books for my son related to the season or some activity that we’re going to do. He might not fully understand it, but with the season changes our book shelf follows suit.
These great fall books are good for kids as young as toddlers through second grade. The books are filled with wonderful pictures to get you and your children excited for the changing colors of the leaves and cooler air fall brings. Some of my fall picks for reading have a little science behind them which I do enjoy reading myself.
25 Fall Books For Kids
- Jump Into Fall! by Gareth Llewhellin
- Baby Loves Fall! by Karen Katz
- Mouse’s First Fall by Lauren Thompson
- The Busy Little Squirrel by Nancy Tafuri
- Autumn Is Here! by Heidi Pross Gray
- Apples and Pumpkins by Anne Rockwell and Lizzy Rockwell
- Fall Is Here! by Frankie Jones and Fhiona Galloway
- I Love Fall! by Alison Inches and Hiroe Nakata
- Fall Touch and Feel by Roger Priddy
- Duck & Goose Find A Pumpkin by Tad Hills
- We’re Going On A Leaf Hunt by Steve Metzger and Miki Sakamoto
- Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert
- How Do Apples Grow? by Betsy Maestro
- Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf by Lois Ehlert
- Fletcher and the Falling Leaves by Julia Rawlinson and Tiphanie Beeke
- Too Many Pumpkins by Linda White (Author), Megan Lloyd
- Scarecrow by Cynthia Rylant and Lauren Stringer
- The Little Scarecrow Boy by Margaret Wise Brown (Author), David Diaz
- Look What I Did With A Leaf! by Morteza E. Sohi
- Leaves by David Ezra Stein
- Leaf Jumpers by Carole Gerber and Leslie Evans
- The Scarecrow’s Hat by Ken Brown
- From Seed To Pumpkin by Wendy Pfeffer and James Graham Hale
- There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves by Lucille Colandro
- Leaves Fall Down: Learning About Autumn Leaves by Lisa Bullard, Nadine Takvorian and Terry Flaherty
What are some of your favorite fall books for kids?
You may also like: