This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
I love easy craft projects. I think I say it almost daily. If it’s easy and looks cute, I’m all in. When I came across a yarn wreath in a store, I knew this was something I could easily make at home.
This easy DIY yarn wreath can be done in just under two hours. It’s that easy and can be hanging on your door before the end of the day.
To start you’ll need:
- 1 Styrofoam Wreath
- Hot Glue Gun
- For this project I am using red, green, and white multicolored yarn from Bernat called Mistletoe
- Decorations For Your Wreath
- For this project I have chosen a cute red and burlap floral ornament I got on clearance at Target and wooden letters I painted in red and green.
How To Make A DIY Yarn Wreath
- Take your yarn and wrap the Styrofoam Wreath. Start by using your hot glue gun to secure the end of the yarn to the back of your Styrofoam wreath. You will want to wrap the yarn tightly and secure with the hot glue gun as you go along. Make sure the Styrofoam wreath is completely covered. Finish by once again using the hot glue gun to glue the end to the wreath.
- Attach your decorations with the hot glue gun. You will want to make sure your design is balanced. If you’re using letters like I did, consider placing them on and messing with your design. Knowing I was using the flower, I placed the flower on the right side first, and went backwards with the word “NOEL.” I prefer my designs being on the right for wreaths.
- Hang your DIY yarn wreath! I use a natural colored twine to hang my wreaths, but you can buy your own wreath hanger like this one.
This project was super easy. I love making DIY yarn wreaths because they look beautiful and I can have a finished project in under two hours.
Don’t forget to check out my other Holiday posts too!
- DIY: Photograph Your Baby With Christmas Lights
- Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers for Toddlers
- Holiday Gift Guide: Best Toys For Toddlers 18-24 Months
- Holiday Gift Guide: 25 Holiday Books For Toddlers