This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Fall means crafting season is upon us. I do way more crafts in the fall leading up to Christmas than I do at any other time in the year.
Does anyone else get like that? Like once the weather hits 70 degrees, I’m searching for my knitting needles, crafting scissors, and heading to the store to buy more supplies to add new decorations to the home.
This year’s Halloween craft is an Easy Ghost DIY that you can do with one Hefty Ultra Strong trash bag. I love using the Hefty Ultra Strong bags for a craft. You can poke holes to hang up your finished craft, and because they have the strength of John Cena, the bag will not rip from that point.
We’re low on space living in a two bedroom apartment, so I do look for things that will store easy once we put them in storage and for things that don’t crowd the small space. With the DIY Halloween Ghost, I can put the ghost on our ceiling over our kitchen bar- adding a bit of Halloween fun and not crowding the living room area.
For this project you will need:
- Hefty Ultra Strong white trash bag
- 8 plastic shopping bags (I know you have 8,000) – IF NOT, use another Hefty bag!
- Black Circle Eyes (I used a sharpie on white paper)
How To Make An Easy DIY Halloween Ghost
- Cut off the tie. Save this for later.
- Cut up the right side so just the left side is still intact.
- Take your plastic shopping bags and ball them together to make the head.
- Remove the blue tie from the piece you cut off earlier. Put the balled up plastic bags in the left side. Using the leftover white piece, you will tie the neck to create the ghost’s head.
- Add your black circle eyes using tape or glue.
- Hang up and enjoy your seriously easy DIY Halloween Ghost!
This craft is so easy! It took less than 15 minutes to create from start to finish and looks awesome in the apartment. If you’re like me, you love crafting and can’t find the time to complete projects, this is the perfect Halloween DIY for you to try.
It’s also cheap. No need to head to the craft store for this Halloween Ghost DIY – you probably have everything you need in your house right now.
Have you made a craft using a trash bag? Share your crafts below!