This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
This delicious crockpot apple butter is completely sugar free! It’s perfect for fall and easy to make!
Like a lot of families, we recently went to the farm for a fun afternoon of apple picking. Twenty pounds of apples later, we spend the car ride thinking of all the apple treats we would be making. Of course first on my list was crockpot apple butter.
Apple butter is one of my fall favorites. I love making the apple butter in the crockpot overnight and waking up to that sweet cinnamon apple flavor.
This crockpot apple butter is EASY to make! It’s exactly ZERO SMARTPOINTS if you’re on WW like me! And if you’re just looking for a healthy sugar free apple butter, this is it.
Want to sign up for WW? Sign up using my referral link HERE.
Grab your apples, head to your pantry and let’s get started.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Sugar Free Apple Butter
This recipe has no sugar!
- 3lbs apples: Fuji, Gala, and Golden Delicious are my faves! We had to use Cameo apples this year which are sweet and perfect for snacking. Due to a freeze as late as May this year, the farm only had Cameo which worked great in our apple butter.
- 1 TSP Cinnamon: You can add cinnamon if you’d like! I have added up to 2tsp.
- 1/2 TSP Nutmeg: A MUST in my apple pies making it a MUST in my apple butter.
- 1/2 TSP Ginger: Another MUST in my apple butter!
- 1/2 TSP Ground Cloves: If you use a whole clove make sure to REMOVE before the mixing step.
- 1/2 C Water
- Pinch of Salt
The Best Apples for Apple Butter
The best apples for your homemade apple butter are:
- Golden Delicious -these are my go-to for any fall apple baking
- Grimes Golden
- Ida Red
Don’t have any of the apples listed above? NO FEAR! Seriously, don’t sweat it. Like I said, I used Cameo in this recipe and my apple butter was absolutely delicious. It might take longer for your apples to cook down but your homemade apple butter will still turn out great.
How to Make Crockpot Apple Butter
- Rough chop your apples. You can leave the skin on if you’d like but I peel ahead of time.
- Place apples in your crockpot. Add spices and 1/2 cup water. Stir together.
- With crockpot on low, let apples cook for at least 8 hours and up to 12 hours. Yes, you can cook your apples on high in half the time, but it’s meant to be low and slow. After 8 hours you’ll notice the apples to break apart when you stir. Continue cooking if there is a lot of liquid. This can take up to 12 hours depending on your apple!
- Use an immersion blender to blend or transfer to a food processor or stand mixer.
- Spoon the mixture into sterile containers, cover and refrigerate for up to two weeks or freeze!
Crockpot Apple Butter
- Crock Pot
- 3 lbs apples chopped, with or without skin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- Place rough chopped apples into your slow cooker.
- Add spices and water. Stir and mix well.
- Cook on LOW for 9 hours. By this point your apples should fall apart if your stir. Add more time if your mixture has a lot of liquid, up to 12 hours! You'll want the apple butter to look nice and thick.
- Use an immersion blender, food processor, or stand mixer to blend apples.
- Transfer to a glass jar and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Serve with pancakes, toast, english muffins, crackers – YOU NAME IT!