This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
I’m amazed at how fast November has gone and that it’s already time for a life + blog update. The holidays are fast approaching and I don’t think I’m close to being prepared for any of it. I mean, I did decorate before Thanksgiving, but the gift giving and all the traveling? Not ready. I’m already tired thinking about it.
What’s Going On In My Life
Favorites Of November
My birthday! I’m :gulp: 31 now. Yikes. It’s not that scary. I’m just an adult now doing adulty things like going to bed at 9:30pm because I can’t hang.
Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving means I can stop hiding my love for the Christmas season, blast my holiday music, and cover every inch on my apartment in lights. Don’t care. Christmas is the best holiday. Nothing compares!
Sleep. Ri slept through the night for the very first time after Thanksgiving. Forever thankful, except it seems like I’ll never see that again. But he slept once, so it’s a start.
Could Do Without
Milk Allergy. I haven’t touched on this in any of my blog posts because we are all still adjusting, but Ri has a milk allergy. Almond milk is our new BFF, except he hates it unless he’s drinking out of a glass with a straw that has no lid. My poor carpet. He broke out in hives two weeks ago, and the doctor wants us to do a trial of no milk and then milk reintroduction before going in for some testing.
The weather here is really annoying. It’s supposed to be chilly, yet here we are once again with another 70 degree day. Over it.
Weight Loss Journey
Well, I’ve kind of stalled due to an overwhelming need for pie with all meals. Maybe not all, but too many.
Food is blah. I really need to focus on what I am putting into my body and make better choices.
Couch to 5k is going well, though. I had a bit of a struggle yesterday on the treadmill that makes me think I might be better suited for outdoor running. I know some people just can’t run on the treadmill. I’m bummed if I am one of those people who can’t run on the treadmill! I never saw myself as someone who would run in the cold weather, but I might give it a go this weekend.
I’m wrapping up a fitness challenge and there isn’t one scheduled for December. I’ll need to be really diligent with myself and working out over the next few weeks!
November Blog Update
November has been such an amazing month for the blog! I’ve been looking forward to writing my blog update for November for the past week.
Facebook: 330 (+56%)
Pinterest: 3,074 (+48%)
Twitter: 4,186 (+18%)
Instagram: 565 (+19%)
Email Subscribers: 9 (No Change)
Views: 10,571 (+39%)
Sponsored: $61 for this sponsored post from Hefty for Linqia
*Note: Income is what’s actually been paid out! I’ve made money using Amazon Affiliates and Google Adsense, but those have not paid out yet. I only account for what goes into my pocket each month!
This is the first month I actually made an income! It wasn’t my main goal when starting this blog and happened very organically. Making money is nice, but it’s not a priority for me right now.
Read more about my disclaimer about affiliate marketing and sponsored posts here.
I have so many blog posts coming in December that I’m really proud of and looking forward to sharing with you. I’ve done a really great job at planning the month out regarding posting and I hope to stick to my schedule. I know with the holiday coming I’ll want to kick my feet up, but things are going so well I need to keep my focus strong.
When I started my blog, I really had no idea where to go. I turned to Find Your Tribe Online from Jen Snyder of Women Winning Online. I found Facebook groups, Pinterest boards, and other bloggers in my niche easily. We help each other, share posts, and support each other through the blogging process.
If you’re just starting out and looking into affiliate marketing, I highly recommend checking out Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing from Michelle Schroeder-Gardner of Making Sense of Cents. This blogging course has taught me the best strategies for my blog in regards to affiliate marketing. Michelle earns over $50,000 a month through affiliate marketing! Even if you’re a new blogger (like me!) I highly recommend taking this course.
5 Blogging Goals for December
- Grow my email list. I’ve seriously neglected this! It’s my number one goal for December. I don’t have a number in mind because I’ve just started my newsletter. I have a few free webinars I’ll be attending throughout the month to help me learn more about list building.
- Pay more attention to Instagram. I think I am missing a key portion of my audience and will focus a little more attention on Instagram. My growth was much better on other social media platforms and IG didn’t do as well. I only post maybe once a week and I will focus on posting at least 5x a week. I know there are people to say post 3 time a day, but ain’t nobody got the time for that.
- 15,000 Page Views. I can do it!
- Continue learning about SEO. I read, listen, or watch something every day on SEO. No idea if I am getting the hang of it, but I will continue to expand on this throughout the month of December.
- Work on a social media strategy. There’s so much to cover. I know I mostly focus on Pinterest because that’s where a lot of my audience does hang out, but there are so many other avenues. It’s time I really focus on a schedule and work on my time management.
Roundup of Posts From November
- 33 Fun Stocking Stuffers For Toddlers
- The Best Toys For Toddlers 18-24 Months Old
- Easy DIY Holiday Yarn Wreath
- 25 Holiday Books For Toddlers
I am thrilled with my blogging progress so far. I’ve had this blog since April and have been blogging seriously since July. It’s been a lot of hard work but really rewarding for me. I am looking forward to December and planning a lot for 2017!
How was your November? If you’re a blogger, share your blogging updates for November below!