This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
These air fryer lemon pepper chicken wings are so easy to make and pack a whole lot of flavor in just 20 minutes! Great for game day, dinner, or any time you’re craving a crunchy wing. Suitable for Keto, Gluten Free, and Low Carb diets. MyWW (weight watchers) Points Included!
The air fryer has quickly become one of my favorite kitchen gadgets. It was something I was on the fence on. I mean, I have legit everything else in the kitchen, including an Instant Pot and my beloved crock pot…did I really need an air fryer?
The answer is YES. You NEED an air fryer.
Phew, now that that’s out of the way, let’s start talking about my new favorite ingredient to use in almost anything, lemon.
Seriously, why did I not use lemon much before?
I absolutely love lemon right now. And these lemon pepper chicken wings are a perfect low carb snack or lunch. And with the air fryer, they’re crispy perfect in just 20 minutes.
All right, let’s get air frying….
Ingredients for Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
To make air fryer lemon pepper chicken wings you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1.5 lbs to 2 lbs. chicken wings, separated and wing tips discarded
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning – or see below to make your own lemon pepper seasoning!
- 1 tsp olive oil
Make Your Own Lemon Pepper Seasoning
You can make your own lemon pepper seasoning!
The ingredients you’ll need are:
- 4-5 large organic lemons, zested
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 1 t. black peppercorns, crushed
Here’s how to make your own DIY homemade lemon pepper seasoning:
- Wash the lemons and pat dry.
- Remove zest from each lemon with a microplane zester. While doing so, collect as much of the flavorful yellow outer layer as possible, while avoiding the more bitter white layer below.
- Spread the zest in a thin layer on the parchment paper and place in the oven. After 20 minutes, remove pan from oven and shake to make sure zest is drying evenly. Return to oven until thoroughly dried, approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Remove dried lemon zest from the oven. Add dried lemon zest to spice grinder or food processor along with salt and black peppercorns. Grind ingredients until desired consistency is reached. Taste and adjust ratio of salt and pepper as desired.
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings myWW SmartPoints
I am doing the Weight Watchers program so calculating the WW SmartPoints is important to me!
Here are the breakdowns for the Blue, Green, and Purple Plan!
Weight Watchers WW Smart Points:
- Blue: 5 SP per serving
- Green: 5 SP per serving
- Purple: 5 SP per serving
To save on SmartPoints, remove the tbsp of olive oil and use a no calorie cooking spray or no calorie butter spray.
Want to sign up for WW? Sign up using my referral link HERE.
Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Wings split into flats and drummettes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning see above for homemade recipe, can use store bought!
- Preheat your air fryer to 380°F while preparing your wings.
- Pat wings dry with a paper towel and toss in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to coat the wings. Add your lemon pepper seasoning and coat wings evenly!
- Add your wings to the air fryer basket and spread evenly, without wings touching for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Check the temperature of your wings before pulling – chicken must be cooked to 165°F! Leave wings in for 2 minutes for extra crispy skin.
- Serve and enjoy.